- Chris McKinney, Forecaster, NWS Houst/Galveston League City, TX
- Brian Haines, Forecaster Intern, NWS Houst/Galveston League City, TX
- Topic: "Lovelady, TX: A case study of a tornadic cell in a sparse radar coverage environment"
- Dinner: 6:00
- AMS Meeting: 7:00 pm
- Location: Rudy's BBQ (map)
- 21361 Gulf Freeway, Webster, TX 77598
- Phone: 281-338-0462
Chris is a meteorologist with the National Weather Service’s Houston/Galveston Weather Forecast Office where he has been assigned since July 2008. During his tenure at the local office, Chris has worked a number of significant weather events, including Hurricanes Dolly, Gustav, and Ike, and has deployed as an Incident Meteorologist to support efforts to fight wildfires in Texas, Arizona, and New Mexico. He received his undergraduate and graduate degrees at Texas A&M.
Brian is a forecaster intern at the Houston/Galveston NWS office. He is from Houston, TX and graduated from Texas A&M University with both undergraduate and graduate degrees. His interest in meteorology started when he was young, and has only continued to grow over the years.